Coming to Mont-Dauphin
Mont-Dauphin is situated in the north of the Hautes-Alpes (05) département, between Gap and Briançon, a 2 ½ hour drive from Marseille, and a 3 ½ drive from Lyon.
- Travelling by car : road RN 94 from Briançon or Gap, then road D37 from Eygliers-Gare to Mont-Dauphin (3 kms). You may park in the town in winter, but please use the outside car park park in the summer season. Road condition information www.inforoute05.fr
- By train : Get off at Mont-Dauphin-Guillestre station. Local trains to Mont-Dauphin connect with TGV high-speed trains in Marseille, Valence and Grenoble. There is a daily direct overnight train from/to Paris. From/to the TGV Oulx station in Italy there is a bus shuttle from/to Briançon, then a local train to Mont-Dauphin.
- By plane : International airports in Torino (Italy) (140 kms), Marseille (230 kms)
- By bus : Schedule and prices at www.05voyageurs.com
- Car rental at Mont-Dauphin-Guillestre station (3 kms), Briançon (30 kms), Embrun (18 kms)
- By sedan chair : like Vauban, from Versailles, expect a week’s journey